The Story Code
I go into more detail here about my reasonings behind some of the guidelines below, if something doesn’t make sense. I’m working on explanations for the rest.
- Beauty is Mundane. / Real Life is Magical.
- Everyone can be Anything.
- Every Aspect of Life is Beautiful, but Don’t Stop And Stare.
- Be Inclusive, and be respectfully inclusive.
- Torment isn’t Character Growth.
- Friendship is More Important than Romance.
- Failure to Succeed is not Impotence, but Imprecision.
- Spoilers Shouldn’t be able to Ruin the Story.
- Clichés and Tropes are no Substitute for Character and Style.
- Keep the Story Fun to Experience.